Our Family

Our Family

Friday, November 13, 2009

Oh, Deer!

Yes, I meant "deer" and not "dear." The other night while driving home from a Relief Society activity, I hit a deer on the freeway. It was not just a little deer; it was a big buck! I did see him before I hit him, but I didn't have enough time to completely get out of his way without losing control of my car or hitting another car. Almost doesn't count here! I wasn't hurt at all, and all things considered, the car sustained little damage. The deer wasn't even knocked down, but I'm sure he wished he had some Extra Strength Tylenol! When I spoke to our insurance agent, she assured me that I was not alone with my experience. She said that since it is hunting season, the deer must be running for their lives! I just wish that this particular buck would have chosen to run somewhere other than the freeway!

8 comments:

  1. oh man!!!! so glad that you're okay....darn - thought you might get a new car out of it;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Tara! I'm so glad you're okay! Is the moral of the story not to go to RS activities during hunting season? LOL, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad that little damage was done and that you are all okay! Hitting a deer is a scary thing!! Welcome to the blogging world :)

    Scott and Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me a little of Tommy Boy when they hit a deer - then felt bad about leaving it so they loaded it into their car....hilarious....if you have not seen it - you must.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you weren't hurt, but having some hunters living around us here in Arkansas, they would have questioned why you didn't hit it and get yourself and nice rack. J/K Great to see you're blogging! --Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tommy Boy....I remember that part well, Emily! Funny stuff! And as far as the hunting goes, there were several men at Church who did question me about why I didn't call them that night so they could go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara, your grandpa wants to know where it is so that he can clean it and put it in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete