Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snowstorms and Stitches

Snowstorms and stitches pretty much sums up my month so far.... and the two don't necessarily go together very well! I had minor surgery on my foot at the beginning of the month to remove a cyst on my heel. I decided I wanted to go ahead and do the surgery right away so I could comfortably wear my boots and other shoes this winter. When I scheduled the procedure, there was no snow on the ground, but I think it has snowed almost every day since my surgery. It's almost comical because I can only wear slip-on shoes at this point! What an adventure it is to limp through the snow and slush with slip-on shoes while holding Abby's hand and carrying the infant seat in the other hand! Only the most important outings are actually occurring right now.... I think I have a pretty good excuse to stay snuggled up inside. It has been nice to cuddle with baby Michael, and Abby has been such a great helper! I am excited to get the stitches out in a few days. I'm even happier when I think about wearing shoes again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment