Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One Year Later....

It is hard to believe that it has been one year (today) since my father passed away. We all miss him so much. As I've reflected the past few days on the events surrounding my dad's death and the events that have occurred since, I feel such a range of emotions.
I feel sad because I miss him. I miss calling him and hearing him say, "Tara Hoot! How are you?" I miss watching movies and visiting with him. I miss being able to ask him for advice.
I feel grateful that he didn't have to suffer any longer than he did. I am grateful to have him as my father. I am grateful for all of the things he taught me- things like, "Be bold" as I left to serve a mission in Brazil and to only worry about the things that you can change.
I feel happy when I think of all of the memories- family vacations, "little" Sunday drives, road trips, holidays, baseball games, and yard work.
I feel peace when I remember the bigger picture and know that families are forever through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you, Dad! I miss you!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year already. Time has a way of getting away from us or stopping still when we don't want it to. I love you Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara , Thanks so much for sharing those special memories with us. We love and miss your dad too. Your family picture is so precious. Love ya !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara I really miss greatgroundpa to and so does grandma.So I hope you can put more pictures so every budy can see it.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete