Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 28, 2013


Abigail called me into the piano room saying, "Doctor, you need to come check on my horsey."  She led me to Michael who had straightened a paper clip that he had wedged between two of the ivory keys on the piano.  He was struggling to get it out.  It took me about a minute to work out the paper clip without breaking the keys.  I called in Tara to show her what had been transpiring with her prized baby grand piano.  She then also noticed crayon markings on about 7 of the ivory keys.  Michael proudly owned up to the authorship of this "art work".  I came back with a paper towel and Goo Gone.  Each time I pushed down on a key to scrub it, I played a note.  For a while Abigail and Michael laughed as I "played" the piano.. Finally, Abigail realized that I was off task and said, "Doctor, you need to come and check on him.  His legs are not working.  When I come back I want to hear good news.  I'm going home."  I thought, "Boy, this is exactly like being at work!"

by Coley

No comments:

Post a Comment