Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"I not tired!"

A few weeks ago, Michael (and Mommy) went through a horrible period of time where he hardly slept at all.  For nine days, he probably slept for only about four or five hours at night.  He has already decided that he doesn't want (or need) to take naps during the day.  That, combined with the fact that Coley was out of town for seven or eight of the nights and that I am nursing a baby, made for a miserable time!  By the ninth day, I was beside myself.  I called the pediatrician's office to talk to the nurse for ANY help or pointers she might have.  She told me I should bring him in because sometimes children have ear infections or sinus infections that make sleeping difficult, but don't show other symptoms.  I was more than willing to take him!  He didn't have an ear infection or a sinus infection, but his tonsils were very red and swollen with white patches.  He didn't test positive for strep, but they did tell me I could give him ibuprofen at night to help with the inflammation.  The hope was that the ibuprofen would give him enough relief to sleep.  It thankfully did the trick!

Here are a couple of pictures of Michael falling asleep anywhere except his bed because, as he claimed, "I NOT TIRED!"  Yeah right!



1 comment: