Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 12, 2010

Barbeque Weather Begins in Upstate NY

Last year (about this same time in March), I remember taking a walk in our neighborhood and smiling to myself as I watched several people rolling their barbeque grills out of their garage. There was no snow on the ground, but the trees were still bare. I think it was probably around 55 degrees. After living more than half of my life in California, I found this rather humorous.... my neighbors were ready to have a barbeque while still needing to wear a coat outside. On a day with similar weather in California, people would have been complaining about the cold.

A year later, there is still some snow on the ground, but it is melting, giving us hope that Spring will be here (hopefully) soon! I guess 55 degrees is the magic temperature because the grills are starting to emerge from garages everywhere.

Is it too cold to barbeque? I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

4 comments:

  1. It's never too cold to BBQ! The fire cooks up some deliciousness while keeping you warm:-) Besides...no one said you had to eat outside, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I agree.... But can you imagine (let's say) Mariette trying to barbeque when it's 55 degrees outside? I think that's why I find it so amusing! (She thought it was cold here when she visited last year in JULY!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could BBQ right now...I want the snow to be gone too! Hopefully, it will be gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee-hee...just visualizing Marty BBQ-ing in NY.

    ReplyDelete