Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby #2 is on the Way!

We are so excited to tell you that Duncan Baby #2 is on the way! I am just a few days shy of being 13 weeks pregnant, so I can almost say I've survived the first trimester. (The word, "survive," was chosen very carefully.) Once again, I have not just morning sickness, but hyperemesis, so the past several weeks have been pretty rough. The doctor has been watching me very closely so I don't end up in the ER, dehydrated and needing IV fluids, like I did with Abby. At least this time I didn't have to go through the whole list of anti-nausea medications usually prescribed during pregnancy to learn that I am allergic to them! The doctor was actually able to prescribe one from the beginning that would help. Hopefully within the next few weeks, I'll be feeling much better!

Abby is talking about the baby, but she is still rather confused about what is happening. At one point, she told me she needed to put her shoes and coat on so we could go get the baby. I think she's excited too!

Our new little bundle is due October 9.

6 comments:

  1. Your pregnancy with Abby sounds rough! I'm glad you were able to figure out what works and what doesn't so that this pregnancy isn't quite as bed. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute Tara...You could of had her say, is Samanthat's words, "No, well, just take it back to the church house then".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley and Scott- Thanks for the well wishes. Being sick is not fun at all, but it certainly is worth it in the end! My doctor has been great this time. While I've been pretty sick, it has been better this time, and things are starting to settle down. Yeah! :)

    Mom- Abby may decide Samantha had the right idea... She goes back and forth from "I want to hold the baby" to "We don't want a baby!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!! I hope that you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tara! I had no idea you had it so bad in the beginning of your pregnancy. It makes me feel like I shouldn't have complained about how yucky I felt my first trimester. We are so excited for you! Our babies will only be about 3 months apart...yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Abby would be an amazing sister!

    ReplyDelete