Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Happy Hosta

So.... we have been working hard in our yard with the landscaping and gardening. We've made lots of changes to the front flower beds and have been weeding constantly in the garden. This little flower bed near the back door is probably the most ignored area of the entire yard, but the plants LOVE this spot. The Hosta plant was probably only about 2/3 this size last summer. This year, we can barely use the paving stones. I'm just wondering what next summer will bring. It could be a little scary!

Just to give you an idea of how tall this crazy plant really is....
(Abby is NOT short for her age at all!)

I'm beginning to wonder if this plant thinks it's Audrey II from "Little Shop of Horrors." Right now it is content with sun and water, but I'm keeping my eye on the dog and my little girl! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment