Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Easter is such a special time of year. It is a time to remember not only the Savior's suffering and death, but also His glorious resurrection. This wonderful gift brings happiness, peace, and hope, especially as we remember loved ones who are no longer with us here on earth.
As a child, I always looked forward to Easter Sunday. My mom always made my sisters and me pretty new dresses. Decorating eggs was a big hit with all of us. We were also excited to see what the Easter Bunny left in our baskets.
While Abby did not receive a dress made by Mom (as my sewing abilities are far inferior to my mother's), Easter was a special time for her. She listened very intently as we told her the Easter story. She also enjoyed lots of other Easter activities during the weekend...

Decorating eggs with a 2 year old was quite the adventure. We had a great time!


Abby checked to see what was in her eggs after an Easter Egg Hunt with some friends.

The day before Easter, we had an Easter Egg Hunt for all the children in our neighborhood. There were different areas set up for different age groups of children to prevent potential disasters (trampling of little ones, fighting over eggs, etc.). There were drawings, prizes, and snacks for everyone. It was great fun!


Abby hunts for her eggs!


Abigail checks out her Easter basket on Easter morning.
It really was a wonderful weekend!





4 comments:

  1. Oh,Tara! These are wonderful pictures. It makes me feel bad though that I didn't get any Easter dresses made this year...just to many things on my mind. I hope that I will be able to do it next year! Love you lots! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,
    I really wasn't hinting that you should still have to make Easter dresses! :) Abigail was perfectly happy with all of the other Easter activities! I love you too!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Tara, Thanks for sharing that. Look like you still have that easter basket. Mabey one I made or your mom made with me? You have a wonderful mom. Abby is just so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your neighborhood! And where did you get Abby's Easter basket? It's so cute! I'm glad you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete