Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Almost There!

Today marks 37 weeks of pregnancy, so I'm now considered full term! Yeah! I'm not counting on the baby coming early, but I certainly wouldn't mind! We are getting excited about welcoming a new baby into our home. We have everything just about ready and I have even started packing my bag for the hospital..... not bad for those of you who know how much I do not like to pack. Now I just have to pack a bag for Abby and Sydney. :)

The baby is finally in the right position. Up until about two weeks ago, he kept us guessing as to how he would be positioned. For awhile, he was breech. That wasn't too fun, but it was worse during the weeks that he was in a transverse (sideways) position. It was extremely uncomfortable! Now that he's in the right position, the doctor said it would be tough for him to move out of it. The waiting game begins. We have been trying to prepare Abby for her visit with some friends when Coley and I head to the hospital, but whenever we say, "When the baby is born....," Abby says, "Not today." At the same time, she acts very excited and talks about helping me when baby brother is born. She's just not quite sure about what is happening!

In any case, whether the bags are packed or not, I'm ready! I also look forward to being able to bend over and see my toes again! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the baby finally turned! Asia was in transverse position so I had a C-section. It was not comfortable at all and I was in a great deal of pain the last 4 weeks. Fortunately, she was 2 weeks early. I hope the labor and delivery goes well and keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete