Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sew What?

For the first time since high school, I finally decided to complete a real sewing project. (I have done some mending and what not, but I haven't really done much of anything with my sewing machine.... much to my mother's dismay!) Most of you know that my mom is an amazing seamstress, but I never put the time or energy into developing the talent to sew.
The big project was to make a new dress for Abby. The adventure began with Abby choosing the fabric. From that point on, my mom received MANY phone calls as I tried to understand the rather confusing directions on the pattern.
When I was about half way done with the dress, Abby asked me if she could wear the dress to Church when I was done. I told her that I needed to finish the dress first and then we'd talk about it! :) I wasn't about to commit to letting her leave the house with the dress on if the project ended in disaster!
While I know that it did NOT turn out perfectly (especially the zipper), I was pleasantly surprised at how well it looked when I was finished. I even let Abby wear it to Church.





3 comments:

  1. Oh Tara Abby is just adorable. Congrats on the dress :) it looks fantastic. Keep on trying . Im so proud of you for trying. Have a sweet day .
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why the pinched nose? Is that I like it or I don't like it?
    That girl is going to be TALL! Love Auntie Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the pinched nose helps her with her twirling around the room! :) She LOVES the dress! And yes.... I agree... She is going to be very tall! (Wait until you see her again!)

    ReplyDelete