Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's Ice Cream Day!

Post by Coley

Yesterday I learned that today is Ice Cream Day. I was putting food away into the refrigerator when Abigail declared, "Daddy, tomorrow is Ice Cream Day!"

"Really", I said, "and what is Ice Cream Day?"

Abigail then expained to me that Ice Cream Day is when I take her to the ice cream shop across from where she takes dance lessons.

As I told this story to my coworkers I was teased that she had me wrapped around her little finger, but I protested that I am unmoved by her charm. I am the boss here. I did take her for ice cream, but it was my decision. After all, it is Ice Cream Day.

4 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I am still laughing! Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interesting thing is... Abby had never been to this ice cream parlor (other than the day we went for ice cream when she was one week old). She just noticed it last Tuesday when we were driving home from dance lessons and decided that she would like to go there. I told her that we could go sometime, but we should go when we could go as a family. After Coley's 7 days of 12 hour shifts, she was ready to take advantage of his first day off. That was the day that was declared "Ice Cream Day!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are too precious and cute! :) I love this!!! September 25th is Ice Cream Day every year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is too CUTE!!! I think you guys should go every year on the same day. It'll be "The Duncan's Ice Cream Day."

    ReplyDelete