Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter is always such a special time as we reflect on the resurrection of our Savior.  I also love that it is in the Spring.  This year on Easter, I was just starting to pull out of the terrible sickness that I experience in the beginning of pregnancy.  I'm so grateful I was feeling well enough to enjoy the day with my family.

Abigail had a great time decorating Easter eggs the day before Easter.  Thank you, Nancy, for hard-boiling the eggs for me at your house so I wasn't overwhelmed with the smell.  If it wasn't for you, Abby wouldn't have been able to do Easter eggs this year.  (My "superpower" sense of smell due to pregnancy is back!) 

 Concentrating!

 Abigail was so excited Easter morning to see if the Easter bunny had found her.  As you can see, he didn't miss our house!

Michael checks out his Easter basket before church.  The Easter bunny was very careful to leave Michael toys and treats that were safe for him because of his allergies. 

It was a bit windy after church, but it was an absolutely beautiful day!

Later in the afternoon, we went to the Petruccis for Easter dinner.  We always love spending time with them.  When I asked Mrs. Petrucci what I could bring for dinner, her response was the same as usual... "You just bring the children!"  When we arrived, they had an Easter egg hunt for the little children and there was even a special visit from the Easter bunny!

Even though he couldn't eat the candy, Michael had a GREAT time looking for Easter eggs!

And there is the Easter bunny!  Michael wasn't so sure about getting too close to him.  I can't say that I blame him!  (Look how handsome Michael looks in his Sunday clothes!)

What a wonderful Easter it was!
P.S.  It was also Michael's first day in nursery at church.  I can say that he survived it.....barely!

No comments:

Post a Comment