Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our NYC Getaway

Last week my mom flew to Rochester to stay with Abby and Michael so Coley and I could spend three days in New York City together.  We made these plans before I knew I was pregnant.  For the past several weeks, I was praying I would feel well enough to enjoy our vacation. 

The day before we left for New York, I thought I'd check the weather forcast.  It was the weekend we had that crazy Nor'easter.  The morning of our departure, I woke up to snow.... yes, in late April!  Several neighboring school districts had canceled school.  We read that flight delays into NYC were very possible.  We weren't sure at that point if we would spend much time actually walking around the city, so we made sure we took swimming suits, etc. so we could just hang out at the hotel if necessary.

While the temperature was on the chilly side, we didn't have any rain during our stay in New York.  After several trips to the city, Coley and I were finally able to experience Central Park.  It really was a beautiful place.








The only pictures I have from our trip are from the park, but we also spent time walking around Manhattan, eating at a fun pizza place, and walking around Times Square.  The first night in the city, there were no plays showing, so we enjoyed delicious Indian food.  The second night, we went to see the play, "Mary Poppins."  It really was a lot of fun.

We had a great time.  Thank you, Mom, for staying with Abby and Michael.  I know they had a wonderful time with you!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! I have never seen Central Park. It is so fun to see these. Thank you!! I loved being with the kids. And, I am so glad you and Coley were able to have sometime together. I so enjoyed being there with all of you.
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved NYC when I went several years ago! Love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete